Photoshop Tutorial: Aperture Laboratories Logo
Recently I decided to make wallpapers for several fictional companies and logos. So far I have created one for the Umbrella Corporation from Resident Evil. This is the second wallpaper. This logo took some thinking before hand and I wanted to share the quick and easy method I used to create the basic Aperture Science Logo.
1) Set up a new canvas with the following settings.
2) Fill your new blank canvas with solid black.
(alt – Delete) Fills the Selection with the foreground colour
3) Drag the rulers on the left and top sides to get guides in the center of the canvas.
(ctrl – r ) Shows/hides rulers
(ctrl – ; ) Shows/hides Guides
4) Make a new layer and use the elliptical marquee to create a circle. Hold shift and alt and drag out from the center of the guides to create a perfect and centered circle. Fill the selection with any colour you desire. I used a light blueish colour.
5) Select the polygon tool and apply the settings below.
Sides = 8
Colour = Black
6) Make a new layer and drag the polygon tool from the center outwards until it is a bit smaller than the original circle.
7) Select the Line tool and apply the following settings.
Weight = 15 px
Colour = Black
8) Drag the line from one of the corners from the octagon and along on of the sides and through the circle. See Below.
9) Now repeat step 8 on the following corners to produce this.
Using this technique i created this wallpaper. Enjoy. Click to download full image.